Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lunch with Lucy (and Kristy too!)

I know.  You are so schocked you nearly dropped your laptop when you saw that this is my second post in a week.  I'm shocked too, but we had lunch with Lucy and Kristy today and I have pics that are too cute to keep to myself.  AND I think I might have figured out the turning them right side up thing.  We shall see - I'm holding my breath!

Woo-Hoo.  Check me out - it's right side up!  I am so going to become one of those Geek Squad people you call when you can't figure your computer out! :) ( I can hear you laughing Kristy and it's not that funny - I'm proud of myself!)  ANYWAY, is this one adorable baby or what?  Kristy sat her up on the table and she proceeded to ham it up.  First we had to figure out the light thing - too much light from the windows makes too many shadows.

Oops.  Flash going off scared her.  Note to self - back up just a smidge so as not to alarm the small baby.

And, move away the empty dishes because this girl is lightning fast.  She seemed to just be checking them out and then she had a small bowl that had ranch dressing in it in her mouth before any of us could blink!

Here we go - she's looking at the camera.....

...and smiling a bit...

...and then hamming it up!

First, with Mommy

And then with us.
 Lucy so has my back.  I absolutely hate having my picture taken but Kristy insisted so Lucy leaned over in front of me right as Kristy snapped the picture.  Thanks girl for hiding me with your cuteness!

Finally, one last shot for the road.  Jeremiah won't give that baby up until the last possible second. 

What you don't see in this picture, but have to know is that Jeremiah has Kristy's car key hidden in his pocket.  You see, Kristy has a tendancy - well,  let's just be honest here and say a habit -  of misplacing her car keys so when she layed the key on the trunk of the car to put the baby seat in, Jeremiah picked it up and put it in his pocket.  Right after this oh-so-adorable picture Kristy put the baby in the car and then started to rummage through her pockets and purse and then says, "Oh, hang on.  I might have misplaced my keys again."  Jeremiah just pulled the key out of his pocket and grinned.  That boy totally gets his sense of humor from me!  Way to go son!


Well, there you have it:  two posts in less than a week, seriously cute pics of my seriously cute boy, seriously cute pics of my friend's seriously cute baby, and a practical joke.  What a great Saturday!  A little shot of Lucy is just what we needed today.  Waiting for our baby to come home is hard all the time, but sometimes it's so hard you feel like you can't stand it for another minute, and having a baby to play with makes it a little easier!  Thanks Kristy for sharing her with us!

1 comment: