Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I think Mark Twain said it best when he said, "The rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated!"

Well, I'm back!  Contrary to popular belief I have not fallen off the face of the earth and here is the post to prove it!  I'm ashamed of myself for not posting for so long, but we have been so busy and having so much fun with spring break, baseball, and end of school activities that I just didn't even think about it.  Which is hard to believe considering I stalk other adoption blogs on almost a daily basis - in a totally non-stalker like way of course! 

So, I am now dedicating myself to catching up!  I have lots to say and I want to show off my new skills - I learned how to add pictures!  So, without further ado.... here is how we have been spending our time.

First, there was baseball and lots of it!  Here he is in his new Grant County Braves gear the night before the first game.  (Unfortunately, my new skills with pictures don't extend into how to turn the darn things right side up.  So, hang in there - I'll fix it when I figure it out!)


In my classroom before he went to change in to his uniform for the big game!


The whole Freshman team - a good looking bunch if I do say so myself.



Miah's friend Bobby before the big game - They are two of only three seventh graders who made the freshman team! 


That would be my baby right after he crossed home plate!


 
Jeremiah has wanted to play first base ever since he was a four year old playing t-ball.  He used to go out to first base and stand there until one of the coaches made him move.  He got to play his dream position at Carroll County and did a great job - he totally threw a kid out at home plate, but I was jumping up and down and cheering so much I forgot to take a pic of that.  Here he is hoping to pick off the runner at first base.

Awesome Coach Smith - still coaching even after the season is over.  He spent over a half an hour telling Jeremiah things he could work on over the summer.  Can't say enough about what a great coach is is!


Jeremiah, Scott, and Bobby - The only three seventh graders to make the Freshman team - they have all improved so much this year - way to go boys!


Then, there was baby Lucy.  She came home in the middle of baseball season and we took the evening off to meet her and her momma - my friend Kristy - at the airport.  Is she adorable or what?


Jeremiah couldn't wait to get his hands on her.  He was very proud to be holding her and kept asking, "Will my sister look like this?"


Lucy's new family!


How cute is that little half grin.  Trust me, you just can't help kissing those sweet little cheeks!


And the fun continued with a baby shower at school to welcome Lucy home.  Gotta love some cake and punch after school to make the afternoon sweeter.  Notice the grin - this boy loves holding babies!


Jeremiah wouldn't give her up to either one of us grown ups but the awesome librarian at school, Melissa, got a group shot of the four of us all looking at the camera anyway.


Then there was middle school awards night - Bobby and Jeremiah cleaned up!  Notice Jeremiah's awards pinned to his shirt - he even wore them to Cracker Barrell for dinner.


As we were heading out of the gym I asked Bobby to take a pic of me and Jeremiah so Jeremiah and I are holding all of his awards and all of Bobby's too!  Jeremiah said that would make him look really smart because everyone would think all of the awards were for him- but I'm pretty sure you can see Bobby's name on one of the certificates if you look closely!


After the awards we joined the Engelman clan (Bobby's family) for dinner at Cracker Barrell to celebrate our award winning children and ran in to more friends - Sarah and Maddy - so of course I interrupted everyone's dinner to get a photo!


Sarah and Jeremiah were matched up during the Reality Store activity where all seventh graders got "married" and had to work with their spouse to create a budget based on jobs they wanted and try to make adult like financial decisions.  I work with Sarah's mom and we have been joking about being in laws ever since then so we totally embarrassed the kids and had them pose with their "future spouses".  The only thing Jeremiah said was, "Jeez, Mom.  She is a whole head taller than me!"  Poor guy - hoping for a growing spurt soon!



Shew, that's a lot of important stuff!  I'm flat worn out from adding it all and Jeremiah is whining about when we are going to have dinner or some such nonsense, so I better call it quits for today. :) Oh, one more tidbit - We are now number six on the Ethiopia waiting list!  WOO-HOO!  Please keep praying and I promise to post much more often!


 

2 comments:

  1. Love the updates & the pictures. Took me a while to start posting pictures on our blog and Timmy had to show me several times, ha!!! So glad to hear your number 6 on the list, woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN times! I love it all, but I have to say I love the Jeremiah and Lucy pics best of all! He's SO great with her--he's going to be an awesome big bro!

    ReplyDelete