Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Family Fun Weekend

What a great weekend!  My parents came up from Southern Ohio and we had the best time.  Jeremiah climbed out of bed on Friday morning and started asking how much longer until Grandpa gets here?  So, we had to find something to do to entertain ourselves and pass the time so I wouldn't kill him before they got here!  We headed to Florence for lunch with Kristy and Lucy before we did some grocery shopping and last minute straightening up at home.  At this point, we consider Kristy and Lucy as family too!


Lucy and her Mama

No meeting with Lucy is complete without a pic of her with Jeremiah.  I love that they are both looking at each other out of the corner of their eyes in this one - probably because she has a big handful of his hair!  The look on her face is priceless...very sly!  Look how cute I am while I pull your hair really hard.

A shot of Kristy and I on the way out the door!

My parents arrived Friday evening and my Dad brought Jeremiah a new mattress and box springs for his room.  He loves it and said he may never come out of his room!  I have to admit...it's pretty comfy.

Saturday started with a trip to the Bass Pro Shop in Cincinnati.  My Dad is an avid fisherman and the Bass Pro Shop is on his list of the best places on earth!

I thought this stone pillar was very cool - in fact the whole store is pretty cool - very outdoorsy, but they both said you couldn't tell they were at the Bass Pro Shop...


...So, I stood in the middle of the road and took this one.  Don't you just love their matching t-shirts?

Since we were already up North we decided to head to Monroe for some outlet shopping.  Doesn't Jeremiah look thrilled at the prospect?

And no visit from Grandpa is complete without a little, well actually a lot, of wrestling.

Of course, this is Jeremiah's favorite photo  He is winning, but it was a brief victory!

Finally, a rare shot of my mom as we hung around the house after church on Sunday.  She is never in pictures because she is always the one taking them.  She and Jeremiah had trouble keeping their eyes open and smiling at the camera.  Seriously, I took about six shots and none of them have them both looking at the camera with their eyes open.  So, look at Jeremiah in this one...

...And my Mom in this one!

We are so lucky to have such a great family.  Can't wait to add a baby sister to the fun. :)
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun!! Praying that the number 5 changes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!! 5???? WOW!!! So excited for you guys!! Jeremiah is getting so big..he is growing into a little man, girl!! Beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete