Monday, August 6, 2012

Darling Dalaney Turns 1!

Well, yesterday marks three months that we have been home and now that I think I've finally gotten the hang of being the parent of a teenage boy and a one year old princess, it's time to go back to work.  Oh no!  How in the world am I going to do that?!  Just the thought of it stresses me out, so to put off thinking about it, I'm going to talk about Dalaney's first birthday, which was awesome!

The big day is actually July 19, but since that is a weekday (and my house is the size of a postage stamp) we had two parties - one the weekend before the big day for my out-of-town fam and some friends and the other on the actual big day for my in-town fam and some more friends.  It was so much fun!



The birthday princess was dressed up in her new tu-tu and matching hairbow made by Aunt Tabby.  She loved it!  I thought it was pretty stinking cute too, but the tulle in the tu-tu had glitter in it and I'm still cleaning glitter up off the carpet and other unexpected places in our house.


 The best part of the tu-tu was that when she crawled around she kind of looked like a turkey from behind becasue the tu-tu stuck straight up off her rear end.  Sooooo cute!


This was Dalaney's first experience with cake and I'll just say she's a fan.  She is not a fan, however of singing Happy Birthday.  She just sat there with her eyes wide open and then when everyone started clapping, she started crying.  It was all just too much to take!



She had so much fun with the cake that she had to change clothes when it was all over and she wasn't happy about giving up what was left of her mangled cupcake.



She got all sorts of awesome gifts, but Jeremiah and I gave her a baby pool.  She even likes playing in it in the house without water. :)



We also got some fabulous pictures just in time to send them in with our first post-adoption report.  I can't believe that my baby is a year old and has been home for three months.  When we came home she seemed like a tiny baby and now, just three months later, she is a big girl who has four big girl teeth, can feed herself finger foods, put herself to sleep in her crib, and almost walk all by herself.  It's all going by so fast!

1 comment:

  1. I have been dieing to see pictures of your sweet girl......she is beautiful!!!! Happy B-day precious baby!!!

    ReplyDelete