Friday, March 16, 2012

Ethiopia Day 2 - We Aren't in Kansas Anymore

I have to tell you guys, I've never been more happy to go to sleep in my life than I was last night.  I felt like I hadn't slept in two months instead of just two days.  As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light and didn't even move until several hours later.  I layed there and realized that I hadn't set the alarm on my phone to wake us up and for the life of me I couldn't figure it out.  My phone still has the time from home, not from here, and I can't figure out how to change it.  So, I just add seven hours to whatever the time is. That doesn't work well in the middle of the night when you are that tired.  It was like I couldn't get my brain to process.  I kept trying to count seven hours ahead of when we needed to get up and my brain was just mush.  The phone kept saying your alarm is now set for 16 hours and 2 minutes from now.  I know I'm not good at math, but geez, normally I can set my own alarm!  I finally figured it out and we slept like rocks until it went off at 7 this morning.

We have gotten to see Dalany twice and in the words of my son, it was even more amazing than I expected.  She is so adorable!  Her huge brown eyes are even more beautiful in person.  We also got to hang out with some of her crib buddies and it was great to get to hold her and love on her and to see her interact with the other kids and the nannies.  It is clear how much the nannies love the kids they care for.  They are always hugging and kissing them and they are so proud to show off how much they have grown since we last saw pictures.  It makes my heart rest a little easier knowing that Dalaney is loved that much by the wonderful ladies caring for her.

I have some great pictures to add, but the internet connection isn't working in our room tonight, so I'm using the computer in the lobby to post this.  I will try again tomorrow to add pictures.  The sights and sounds of this beautiful country are just amazing and I can't wait to share them with you!

On a funny side note, when I typed the title to this post, Jeremiah leaned over my shoulder and said, "I don't get it.  I didn't think we were ever in Kansas!"  Aaaahhh, when we get home I must see that this poor, deprived child sees some classic movies! :)

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo....soak it all in!!!! Praying that all goes well with your Court Date & continued safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear things are going well! I cannot wait to see pictures of your new family all together!

    ReplyDelete